Before Understanding the Keto Diet, Let’s First Understand How does the body works?
A human body works on two sources of energy:
Blood Sugar (Made up of Carbs)
Ketones (Made up of Fats)
Blood sugar is made when you intake carb and sugar. The more you take them the more blood sugar percentage will be there in your body.
And to generate energy body converts this blood sugar into glucose and that’s your primary source of energy.
Then we have foods that are rich in fats and fats are also a source of energy for the human body, but the body doesn’t use them until it has plenty of blood sugar available, rather it stores fats in the body.
And that’s what we don’t want because it will ultimately lead to high body weight and obesity. With the help of the Keto Diet, we cut the fats by eating fats.
Isn’t it something that cannot be believed?
Pro Tip: Eating less and moving more doesn’t mean you are burning fat.
Ok, let’s see what Keto Diet is and how it will help us to burn the fats?
In Keto Diet, you have to limit the number of carbs and sugar intake or almost neglect them. Instead, the keto diet is all about taking proteins and good fats.
Now, what will happen when you stop the intake of carbs & sugar?
1) You will not be dependent on the primary source of energy i.e. glucose which is made of blood sugar.
2) After your body senses that there is not enough glucose in the body, it will start burning the stored fats.
3) As blood sugar gets converted into glucose, stored fat or body fat gets converted into ketones for the purpose of energy, and that process is called ketosis.
4) With this, you will be able to burn your body fat 24 x 7 even when you are sleeping. Isn’t it amazing
5) Also, it will help you to feel greater and perform better.
Rules for Keto Diet:
1) Eat Below 20 Grams of Carbs per day
2) Stick to food less than 5 percent carbs
3) Eat as much as you can until you are satisfied, just make sure diet is of low carbs 🙂
Now the question comes what to eat in a Keto Diet to help the body in Ketosis?
Here is the Keto Diet plan: (Top 10 Food which will lead to Ketosis)
1) Eggs (Full of protein and contain fewer carbs)
2) Olives and Olive Oil (Olives are filled with high-end anti-oxidants and olive oil fulfills the demand for good fat in your body)
3) Meat & Sea Food (This food contain high-end carbs and protein and fewer carbs)
4) High Fat Dairy (Whole Milk, Cream, Butter). It is very good for Keto Diet
5) Berries (Blue Berries, Rasp Berries & BlackBerries)
6) Cruciferous Vegetables (Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Arugula, Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts)
7) Coconut Oil (helps to reduce belly fat and has a lesser amount of cholesterol)
8) Nuts and Seeds (Walnuts, Pistachios, Almonds, Cashew nuts, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Flaxseeds, Chia seeds)
9) Avocado, Water (as much as you can) & Green Tea
Here is the list of food which needs to be avoided while following Keto Diet:
1) Beans, peas, lentils
2) Grains (Rice, Pasta and Oatmeal)
3) Low Fat Dairy (Yogurt, Low Fat Milk, Cheese)
4) Sugar (Highly Restricted)
5) Beverages (Juice, Soda & Soft Drink)
6) Snacks (Potato Chips, Bread/sandwiches/ Noodles/Chocolate Bar/ Candy)
10) Red Wine
Drawbacks of Keto Diet:
When you stop eating whole grains like wheat and rice your fiber count in the body will reduce and you will find it difficult to fresh up.
No need to worry! You can add food like (Mushrooms, Avocado, Almonds, Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, BlackBerries, Rasp Berries, Pistachios, Wheat Bran, Cauliflower, Broccoli, etc.) to maintain a good fiber level in your body.
Average Fiber intake should to somewhere around 25 to 30 grams in a day.
2) Lack of Vitamins and Minerals:
Another drawback of the Keto Diet is that your body will lack those vitamins and minerals in it which comes from whole grains like wheat, rice, and all.
Add supplements of multi-vitamin in your Keto Diet for a sufficient supply of vitamins and minerals in your body.
3) Water Holding:
When you are on a Keto Diet the water holding capacity of your body reduces because carbs are the one which helps you to hold water in your body.
At the time of the Keto Diet, you aren’t eating many carbs, which means less water holding. With every gram of carbohydrate, the body holds 3 grams of water.
Drink more water 🙂
Hope you enjoyed the article and it will help you to reduce fat. Do share it in your circle and help everyone to stay fit and healthy.